Animals coming down on a sheet from heaven? Some crazy dream some guy had 2,000 year ago. What does that mean to me? Well it means that we non-Jews are accepted and loved by God…so pretty important stuff! While maybe small children won’t understand the theological meaning of Peter’s vision of unclean animals on a sheet, what they will understand is that Jesus loves them and the Jesus loves and accepts everyone!
Objective: Children will make a cute little frog to remind them that Jesus loves and accepts everyone.
- Template of frog
- Template of heart
- Glue sticks and/or glue
- Googly eyes
Time: 5-10 min
- For smaller children, cut out the frogs and hearts. If your children are a little older and like to cut, just cut out the frogs and let them cut out their own hearts.
- Pass out the red hearts and have the children color them.
- If you did not cut out the hearts, pass out the scissors. Let the children cut out their hearts.
- Pass out the frogs. Have the children glue the googly eyes onto the frog head.
- Pass out glue sticks and have the children glue their hearts to the frog’s belly